GENERAL VOLUNTEER DETAILS
FOR sNOWBOARD DAY
Job Title: General Volunteer
Location: Mt. Seymour Resort, British Columbia
Purpose: The Land Volunteer will help facilitate SUPA Society Snowboarding event daily activities. The purpose of this event is to have a day of fun for families living with Autism in a judgement free zone.
Responsibilities and Duties: (rolls will be assigned the morning of the event)
- set up and take down event
- greet families
- help kids collect ski equipment (Autism Support member will assist)
- check families in and ensure all mandatory forms are signed (including waivers)
- escort families to the designated ski area
- assist family check in (defined rolls by your team leader will be given morning of event)
- activities and games with the kids
- manning the snack tents
- have fun!
- Energetic, enthusiastic and passionate
- Capable of working in a team setting
- Patient, compassionate and empathetic
- Entire Snowboard Day
- General Volunteers do not require prior Autism experience
- 19 and over unless accompanied with your parents (13 and over)
- Appropriate for changing weather conditions. You will be outdoors the entire day on the snow, it is recommended to bundle up in warm layers.
- You are required to wear a SUPA jacket (supplied)
- You are required to get there on your own although should you need a ride, SUPA is a welcoming family of many people who car pool together. There is also public transportation up to the mountain readily available.
Contact: Visit our website www.supasociety.net or email email@example.com