GENERAL VOLUNTEER DETAILS
FOR sURF'S uP
Job Title: General Volunteer
Location: Tofino, British Columbia (either Chesterman Beach or Cox Bay) the day before is when the exact beach location is decided as it is swell dependant.
Purpose: The Land Volunteer will help facilitate SUPA Society Surf’s UP event daily activities. The purpose of this event is to have a day of fun for families living with Autism in a judgement free zone.
Responsibilities and Duties: (rolls will be assigned the morning of the event)
- set up and take down event
- greet families
- help kids put on wetsuits (Autism Support member will assist)
- check families in and ensure all mandatory forms are signed (including waivers)
- possibly escort families to the beach
- attend volunteer meet and greet Friday afternoon/evening
- assist family check in (defined rolls by your team leader will be given morning of event)
- parking lot greeter
- activities and games with the kids
- manning the snack tents
- have fun!
- Energetic, enthusiastic and passionate
- Capable of working in a team setting
- Patient, compassionate and empathetic
- Entire Surf’s UP Event weekend
- attend Friday afternoon/evening meet and greet hosted by Wolf in the Fog
- General Volunteers do not require prior Autism experience
- 19 and over unless accompanied with your parents (13 and over)
- Appropriate for changing weather conditions. The mornings are cold and recommend running shoes as you will be on pavement or flip flops if you are stationed on the beach.
- You are required to wear a SUPA shirt provided. If needed a SUPA jacket can be signed out but must be returned
- Keep in mind this is a family event!
- a gas card will be provided, and an incentive will go to those carpooling.
- Accommodations must be taken on be each individual
Contact: Visit our website www.supasociety.net or email firstname.lastname@example.org